"The benchmark of Captain's training"


(forms & USCG Docs) 
United States Maritime Academy
U.S. Coast Guard Approved
Masters & OUPV (Six Pack) 100 Tons

Home Port 360-385-4852



You will need the following 4 (four) forms to submit to the Coast Guard. Click on them and it will link you to the NMC website for the most up-to-date Merchant Mariner Credential Forms.They are  filable .pdf forms but will need to be

printed out for final completion.

Merchant Mariner Credential (CG719 B) The primary Application

Medical Evaluation Report (CG 719-K) Make sure you use this form, NOT the Entry Level Ratings CG-719KE. Download and fill out all personal information including yes/no portions if you are using our physician for physicals. If you are using your own, you will still need to use this form. Print out form and bring it to physical exam.


Small Vessel Sea Service Form (CG-719S)   You can print out and make copies of this form. Once you have created a final draft, you can revisit this link and use the filable method if you wish.We will discuss in class.

USCG Character Reference Form This form does not link to the NMC website - it is a printable .pdf to be downloaded


The following forms may be useful and contain information for different aspects of the licensing process and future needs. They are not used in the file you submit to the

Coast Guard


Gross Tonnage Form ("Filable" form and will auto calculate your vessels GT  ***Only on PC***)

Gross Tonnage "Old Style"  (For hand calculating GT -use if on

Mac or if the other GT Form does not auto calculate!)

Application Check List  (A complete summary of all documents needed to complete your License application process)

Oath Form  (for filing electronically or by mail, download this .pdf to be notarized and submitted with application)

Renewal Packet (This link takes you to the NMC Lic Renewal forms. It includes information regarding renewing your License.

TWIC Exemption Form (Use this form if you are renewing your

license and do not wish to renew your TWIC card - IT IS NOT

NECESSARY to renew TWIC unless you plan to enter

secured Ports of entry)

Washington Boat Registration Request (fill-in .pdf form for requesting registration information (proof of ownership) on vessels you have previously owned. Fill out and print - then send it to address provided)